Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ups and Downs of Blogging


As some of you know, my school district had a snow/freeze day today. I figured it was a perfect day to work on application 2. I grabbed my coffee and headed up to my computer. I logged in to edublog.org and I was greeted with waiting.... and waiting... and waiting.

Finally, when I was about to give up the page popped up. I looked over application 2 and began to post my idea for how I was going to utilize a blog site within my classroom. I attempted to upload a podcast example of my idea. BIG MISTAKE! The site crashed and all that I had saved disappeared. I was not a happy blogger. I thought that maybe the freezing rain had done something to my connection.

I restarted my router and computer. A fresh cup of coffee later and I was ready to roll. Unfortunately the site was still DOWN! I decided that I was going to out-smart the blog site and typed my idea out in a word document while I waited for the site to come back up.

During this time I inquired on the message board if others in class were having the same issues and found out that some were. After a few more failed attempts at uploading I came to the conclusion that I needed a fresh start. HENCE the new blog location.

After hanging a few pictures and adding some cool gadgets (Thanks Melissa for your help) I'm back in business. Please adjust your URL to my new blog home.

1 comment:

  1. I did not do that much! It was all you! ;) The Site looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete